mandag den 27. december 2010

Introducing Sandra Parrotto aka @qstreet aka Sam

Later today, we’ll be posting a guest blog post by one of the UsGuys- the Twitter group that I’ve mentioned in recent blog posts.


Sam, who goes by qstreet on Twitter, is a really wonderful person. She’s warm, she’s genuine, and she’s as open with her feelings in the virtual world as anyone I’ve ever seen. I might feel left out in a conversation or jealous of someone’s “overnight success”, but I tend to hide that. Sam will just say, “I feel lost”, which makes it a lot easier for the rest of us to admit the same thing.


Recently, Sam flew to Atlanta to meet one of the UsGuys founders- Chase Adams. Her blog post is about that experience. But more than that it’s about how to make your virtual experience more real. We hear a lot about “authenticity” in social media. A lot of the time, that translates to “don’t lie”, but I think as you read Sam’s post, you’ll see it means more than that. Being authentic, at its core, means going beyond being honest. It’s not merely “don’t lie”, it’s “don’t hide”.


I know you’ll enjoy reading Sam’s post, and I hope it will help you as you try to figure out this whole social media thing. Be sure to show her some comment love.


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar